Town Planning can be divided into two main categories namely Land Use Management and Spatial Development.
Land Use Management is essentially the process of procuring land use rights to best accommodate specific land uses on a property, whether it is part of a small-scale development or a large scale mixed use project. The town planner is accustomed to the statutory land use processes and development policies and is therefore normally the best person to discuss your development concept and development needs with.
Spatial development could take place on local, district, regional or national level and is essentially the process of assessing and identifying the social, economic, cultural and ecological needs of an area. These needs are then addressed by means of carefully drafted development policies and strategies as part of a comprehensive approach directed towards creating equilibrium between the social, economic and ecological spheres of an area.
At ARiYA we believe that town planning should assist all our clients, whether they are landowners or prospective developers, to identify and unlock the full development potential and improve the land value of their property.
ARiYA's Town Planning services include inter alia:
Land Use Management (Small and Large Scale Developments)
- Subdivisions and Consent Uses
- Removal of restrictive title deed conditions
- Site Development Plans
- Township Establishment/Urban Development: extension of existing and/or the creation of new neighbourhoods
- Industrial Development
- Commercial/Office Parks
- Retail Development
- Preparation/Revision of Land Use Zoning Schemes
Human Settlement Development:
- Subsidised/Affordable housing (Breaking New Ground)
- GAP Housing
- Community Rental Units (CRU)
- Preparation or revision of Spatial Development Frameworks
- Development Frameworks (vacant or developed sites and areas)
- Planning Surveys, Analyses and Policy Formulation